A Free Guide to U.S. Schools with

Curricular Practical Training Internship Options

Gain U.S. Work Experience and U.S. Degree so you Become a Strong Candidate in the Competitive Global Job Market

There are many universities that offer a variety of employment options. There are three types of opportunities:

Off-campus Curricular Practical Training or internships starting after one year of study. This is authorized by SEVIS if Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is offered by the university and is an integral part of the curriculum.  Email us for a list of Second Year CPT programs


Off-campus MANDATORY FIRST YEAR Practical Training Internships: Part-time or Full-Time paid internships as early as the first semester of study. This is authorized by SEVIS only for graduate students at universities where such internship is a mandatory component of the curriculum and is required to begin immediately. Email us for a list of First Year CPT programs


Many schools have up to 20 hours per week of on-campus employment, beginning in the first year.

Email us for FREE guidance in helping you select the university that best fits your interest.

Get Help

Find a University

Let us find you a U.S. Degree Program which offers full-time Paid Internships. Fill out the form below and click the button. We'll take it from there.

First Year CPT?: Yes
Doesn't matter

HTIR Work-Study USA, Inc. (HTIR) is a global leader in USA work and study opportunities. HTIR introduces students to work and study opportunities at numerous universities throughout the United States, including some schools where students can begin working as early as their first semester of study.

FAQs: If you have questions about the program, we recommend you visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, as well as our Article Center. Or you can always chat with one of our representatives.

Why go through HTIR? Check out the benefits you receive by working with HTIR.